Health & Safety/The Consultation Courses Starts in...
ABT Accredited Health & Safety/The Consultation Jan - Jun 2019
Health & Safety/The Consultation Courses Camberley, Bagshot, Bracknell, & Ascot Areas
Health & Safety
This ABT Accredited course is designed to assist you with following health and safety procedures whilst working within a barbering
salon. It is designed for anybody wishing to embark on hairdressing/barbering career.
You will cover topics such as hazard perception, risk assessment, and emergency procedures.
This course will also demonstrate how different hair textures and styles can impact risk assessment and health and safety guidelines.
- • Identify the use of PPE
• Ensure your client is gowned and any jewelry removed
• Check the hair is healthy and manageable
• Ensure clothing is suitable; shoulders covered and no open-toe shoes
• Ensure your personal appearance is clean and hygienic
• Prepare your workstation is tidy and clean
• Ensure your equipment is clean
• Understand health and safety legislation
• Be able to report accidents which occur in the workplace
• The chair must be clean and adjusted to the correct level
• The area is free from hazards i.e. wires or hot equipment
• Select the correct tools i.e. brush, comb, afro comb
• Ensure the salon and equipment used is clean and tidy
• Ares must be free from spillages, products, loose wires, and hazardous equipment
• Equipment used must be sterilized and free from previous hair and product
• Understand the effects of smoking, eating, drinking, and drugs have on clients and the stylist
• Ensure PPE is worn by both stylist and Client
This ABT Accredited course course is perfect for both hairdressers and barbers, delivering knowledge on how to perform a consultation before
proceeding with a hair service.
You will understand the client, their needs and their hair type so that you can recommend appropriate services and products to them.
You will also develop skills in paying attention to detail and note taking, which will assist you with topics such as lifestyle,
contraindications, and hair history. On completion of this course, you will be prepared for barbering courses such as styling and cutting.
Be able to perform a client consultation
• Communicate effectively with your client so that you gain trust and respect
• Use a variety of communication skills
• Understand the difference between verbal and nonverbal communication
• Listen and establish the wants and needs of your client
Understand the characteristics of hair
• Explain the different types of hair and the visual appearance
• Identify and describe signs of infection and contraindications
• Understand the hair growth cycle
• Describe factors that contribute to strong healthy hair
• Explain the structure of hair